Brooke: nice! I wish I could do that! I dreamed the coolest music the other night and I can't remember it for the life of me! I think I remember it being familiar but I'm not sure. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME!!!
Yea I think so. I wish I could write music in my dreams. Well actually I'd rather be able to di it when I'm awake so I could write it down. Any of ya'll good at writing lyrics for songs? I can get a picture of what I want to say but I have a hard time putting it into song form...
Missy: Whatcha writing on? I've actually found writing class interesting lately. We've started on our research paper. Guess what I'm writing on (unless, of course, I've told you..... I can't remember)
JC: It depends.... I have to have inspiration.... it comes and goes :) Of course, some of my inspirations are magical, some are embarressingly lame....
exactly what I would like to know! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::)::):):):):):):::)):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::)))::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):)::):):)::):):):)::):)::):)::):):):):::::::::::):::)))))))))))):)::):):):):):):):):):)):::):):)::):::::::::::):):)::::::::::
Trey: I went to a Houston Symphony concert. boring! I like classical music... but 2 hours straight is a little much. Plus I didn't really like any of the pieces.
Just start writing. Write the first word that comes to mind, then let it flow. Once you get the idea down you can go back and edit it. Don't worry about what it looks like at first. Just get the idea down. Writing is like pitching. It takes practice.
I get the first word down, but there is something damming up my flow. I can't get past the dadgum first word. And yes it is alot like Pitching, it takes practice and a gift.
That flowing thing works great, until your topic is specified for you, and that topic just happens to be the economist James M. Buchanan, and you go to look him up in the dictionary, AND HE'S NOT IN THERE, so you Google his name, and you only get 6 or 7 results, and you're supposed to fill up four pages with information about the guy, then it gets a little sticky. Forgive my lack of periods.
Re: the discussion on songwriting: I'd agree with Brooke that the "flow" thing doesn't always happen. Sometimes you have to write down just a sentence or even just a word and come back to it later. I love it when it does happen, though! : )Songwriters (who make a living that way) say that your songs will really start to come easily and be better in quality after you have written a "barrelful", so as with most anything else I guess practice makes perfect....: )
Missy: You will get an A, of course! : )
John: Ha- been there...double spacing saved the day! :) Have you tried searching wikipedia.org?
Everyone: At least those who know who I am... pray for my Dad today- he's recovering from surgery to repair a torn achilles (sp?) tendon.
Ouch, Torn Achilles? That hurts just thinking about it. I'll pray for him.
Songwriting: I guess I'll start my "barrelful." I got alot on my mind. So many Ideas. I wish I could write like Jon Foreman... But I guess thats not an option really, unless I have a hidden gift I haven't uncovered yet. Now wouldn't that just be awesome! Uncover a gift like that you didn't even know you had!
My song writing problem is quite different than JC's. I rarely have trouble coming up with music... its just that it ALWAYS ends up sounding REALLY classical!! "I" don't mind it but thats not what I want to write! AHHHH! Anybody have any ideas? Maybe all pieces sound like that until you add guitars and drums? :)
John: We were on a family ski trip over spring break and on the last run of our second day Dad happened to hit some ice (going a tad too fast)and when he wiped out one of his skis didn't pop off like they're supposed to. Thanks for praying- his pain level last night was pretty bad. : (
J.C. Ya never know... I wish I could write like Leeland Mooring- he is such an amazing songwriter and he's only 18!
32 comments:
Ha! I've WRITTEN music in my dreams! So, yes... :)
Brooke Anna
Sometimes, but not usually. Way to go Stangs
Brooke: nice! I wish I could do that! I dreamed the coolest music the other night and I can't remember it for the life of me! I think I remember it being familiar but I'm not sure. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME!!!
~MW~
Yep, I do- in fact, I have music running through my head almost constantly. Some people hear voices in thier heads, but I hear music in mine. : )
I do!
uh, well if it's in my dream, it's really playing
Yea I think so. I wish I could write music in my dreams. Well actually I'd rather be able to di it when I'm awake so I could write it down. Any of ya'll good at writing lyrics for songs? I can get a picture of what I want to say but I have a hard time putting it into song form...
I drove to a concert in downtown Houston by myself today! I didn't get lost either! How bout that?
~MW~
Does anyone want to write my paper for me? It's due tomorrow. yuk....
~MW~
Missy: Whatcha writing on? I've actually found writing class interesting lately. We've started on our research paper. Guess what I'm writing on (unless, of course, I've told you..... I can't remember)
JC: It depends.... I have to have inspiration.... it comes and goes :) Of course, some of my inspirations are magical, some are embarressingly lame....
What concert?
I went to the Switchfoot concert on the 23. It was insane.
I've never heard music in my dreams, but I have heard other things coming from outside my dreams in my dreams.
TC
Every one say happy birthday to trey he is 17 whooooo hoooooooo or whatever
Music in your dreams what type of question is that???????????
and no unless i am at a concert in my dream. in that case yes but only songs i know
I get inspired all the time. Just can't put it down... oh well.
How'd your paper turne out Missy?
Did you get it in on time? :):)
I would hate to have stuff where I had to get it in by some time.
The paper went well. I turned it in yesterday! No idea what my grade is...
~MW~
What did you write on?
bb
exactly what I would like to know! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::)::):):):):):):::)):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::)))::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):)::):):)::):):):)::):)::):)::):):):):::::::::::):::)))))))))))):)::):):):):):):):):):)):::):):)::):::::::::::):):)::::::::::
she wrote on the concerts she went to.
Trey: I went to a Houston Symphony concert. boring! I like classical music... but 2 hours straight is a little much. Plus I didn't really like any of the pieces.
~MW~
ha ha that stinks!!!
#15
Just start writing. Write the first word that comes to mind, then let it flow. Once you get the idea down you can go back and edit it. Don't worry about what it looks like at first. Just get the idea down. Writing is like pitching. It takes practice.
#1
That's not always true....
I get the first word down, but there is something damming up my flow. I can't get past the dadgum first word. And yes it is alot like Pitching, it takes practice and a gift.
I guess I should just keep trying and maybe someday it wwill work.
That flowing thing works great, until your topic is specified for you, and that topic just happens to be the economist James M. Buchanan, and you go to look him up in the dictionary, AND HE'S NOT IN THERE, so you Google his name, and you only get 6 or 7 results, and you're supposed to fill up four pages with information about the guy, then it gets a little sticky. Forgive my lack of periods.
Re: the discussion on songwriting: I'd agree with Brooke that the "flow" thing doesn't always happen. Sometimes you have to write down just a sentence or even just a word and come back to it later. I love it when it does happen, though! : )Songwriters (who make a living that way) say that your songs will really start to come easily and be better in quality after you have written a "barrelful", so as with most anything else I guess practice makes perfect....: )
Missy: You will get an A, of course! : )
John: Ha- been there...double spacing saved the day! :) Have you tried searching wikipedia.org?
Everyone: At least those who know who I am... pray for my Dad today- he's recovering from surgery to repair a torn achilles (sp?) tendon.
Yeah I did try wikipedia, and they did have something. That was nice.
I'll pray for your Dad, what did he do to his achilles?
Ouch, Torn Achilles? That hurts just thinking about it. I'll pray for him.
Songwriting: I guess I'll start my "barrelful." I got alot on my mind. So many Ideas. I wish I could write like Jon Foreman... But I guess thats not an option really, unless I have a hidden gift I haven't uncovered yet. Now wouldn't that just be awesome! Uncover a gift like that you didn't even know you had!
My song writing problem is quite different than JC's. I rarely have trouble coming up with music... its just that it ALWAYS ends up sounding REALLY classical!! "I" don't mind it but thats not what I want to write! AHHHH! Anybody have any ideas? Maybe all pieces sound like that until you add guitars and drums? :)
~MW~
John: We were on a family ski trip over spring break and on the last run of our second day Dad happened to hit some ice (going a tad too fast)and when he wiped out one of his skis didn't pop off like they're supposed to. Thanks for praying- his pain level last night was pretty bad. : (
J.C. Ya never know... I wish I could write like Leeland Mooring- he is such an amazing songwriter and he's only 18!
I've tryed to write music allot (not in my dreams) but it never works...
Post a Comment