Monday, January 1, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!

I hope everybody had a WONDERFUL New Years! Shame on you if you fell asleep before midnight!! Ours was awesome! (how could it NOT be awesome when we have such an awesome church family?)
Brooke I wish you could have been there! I missed you!!!

Peter McMinn came over to our house after church and when we had finished chores we played Apples to Apples and tried in vain to access Peter's blog. He couldn't remember his password and so we gave up after a while. At 5 pm Jc, Jaron, Kaylie, Peter, and I piled into the suburban and drove to the McMinns house(we took two cars because mom and dad were going to leave early). We stopped along the way to pick up some fireworks. I'm not going to go into every detail so suffice to say that we got there, then everybody else got there and the fun began!!! (actually, we had been having fun the entire day so I guess I should say, the fun continued but more so because there were more people!)

We played two very wild games of Apples to Apples. AWESOME!!! That game is SOO FUN to play when everybody is high! The second game was the crazier one. It was much later at night and there were more people. We were all on a sugar high. :):):) It was insane. Jaron found the avg age of everybody in the room. It took him FOREVER! First the calculater didn't work very well so he used my cell phone, then after he to forever typing in the ages of everyone, he had to count how many people were in the room so he could divide the total. Easy task right? Not at 11:30 pm. I think it took like 5-7 people counting 3-4 times each to get an accurate total. Pul-EEZE! The final avg was like 14.5 or something. We never could figure out why we did it: just one of those things that happens when your hyper!

We blew up fireworks and such around 10pm or so and then again at midnight. Oh man, the best part was the gingerbread house destruction!! The boys put artillery shells inside the houses and when they blew... oh man... they blew. There was NOTHING left of the houses. It was soo sweet! (Lets make MORE houses next year!)

Well, that was pretty much everything we did. Most everybody left at 12:30 am. Jc, Jaron, and Kaylie spent the night at the McMinns while I slept at Hannah's house. We didn't go to sleep till about 2 or 3. I can't remember. According to the boys, Peter was the first asleep over there, then Jaron, and finally Tommy and JC around 4 am. Kaylie and Molly didn't enter la-la land until 4:30!! Crazy people! Jc and Kaylie are catching up on that missed sleep right now. :):)

Oh yea, they showed a slide show of our church compiled of pictures from various activities we've done since the church began. I was really cool! Poor Jaron though... he was only in one picture and he was way in the background...


I hope y'all have an absolutely blessed 2007!!! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us!!

~MW~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, it sounds like yall had fun. My New Years eve wasn't that great, but my new years day was.
Happy New year.

TC

Anonymous said...

ellohay, ilay amlay ackbay.
ethay igpay atinlay ersonpay!!!
ouyay illway evernay eussgay
owhay ilay amlay. oodgay yebay.

??????????

Missy said...

Ok Brooke. I found you out. You thought you could hide forever huh? You didn't stand a chance against our high technology detectives with super human brain powers! Pig Latin Person... whatever...