Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A random question...

Is there anybody out there who enjoys the swing/big band/Broadway style of music from the 30's-50's? Or am I the only one?

~MW~

30 comments:

Jay Anderson said...

I think it's prety cool when my dad turns it on the radio.

Anonymous said...

What? You mean they play it on the radio? What station?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I might like it if I knew what the heck it was.

Anonymous said...

No, not really. It is ok if it has a show with it but just listening to it I can take it or leave it.

TC

boyfromdedza said...

i think i'm in the same baot as john!

Anonymous said...

you spelled boat wrong!

Jagdgeschwader

Anonymous said...

btw, johns not even in a boat.

Jagdgeschwader

Anonymous said...

Ever seen any Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers musicals? Or Singing in the Rain? Sound of Music? Thats the kinda music I'm talkin bout. Love it!

Speaking of good music... I can't get over how absolutely INCREDIBLE Josh Groban is! He is TOTALLY AMAZING!!

~MW~

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever heard him. Wait, does he sound kind of like rascal flatts?

Anonymous said...

haha that was funny John! Did you really mean that? I don't really care for the music. I really like Switchfoot's Acoustic songs.

-----J-----C-----

"And I'm Proud to be and American, where at least I know I'm free. And I'll never forget the Men who died to give that right to me, I'll gladly Stand up next to you and defend her still today, there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA!"

Anonymous said...

Big band- hmmm... I'd have to say that I do enjoy it- except maybe Denver and the Mile High Orchestra! : )

Anonymous said...

uhh... Josh Groban is a classical singer. :) He sings alot of songs in Italian and I've never heard him on the radio.

Hannah: YAY! A sympathizer! You like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin?

Jay Anderson said...

I don't know. I hear it somtimes. Rarely though.

The Pookie said...

It depends on what mood I'm in... but yes, there are times when I greatly enjoy, but there are also times.... need I say more?

I'm in opera mode right now :):):)

:0

Brooke

Anonymous said...

I think I heard Josh G once when I was previewing songs on iTunes. He's not my favorite but I don't hate hate him. I'm not a big fan of people who just show off their voice and sing in foreign languages. This is America, we speak English believe it or not. Is Josh G a Christian? Does he sing Christian songs?

Anonymous said...

Pookie: Opera mood? Well, did you satisfy the desire?

John: Josh sings Italian because its Classical music. The same reason I play Beethoven on the piano. As for showing off his voice... I hope he continues to do it! If you have a voice like that, it NEEDS to be shown off! :) And no, I don't think he's a Christian. :(

The Pookie said...

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSS IIIII DDDIIIIIDDD!!!!!

bb

Anonymous said...

What'd you listen to?

Anonymous said...

Missy- Who are they?? seriously, we rarely watch musicals in this house- we like to watch comedies, westerns, adventures, and, of course "chick flicks"...If we do somehow end up watching a musical, the boys fast forward all the songs! : )

Brooke- Please tell me that you don't like The Phantom of the Opera!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hannah: they are singers. Sinatra has a simply amazing voice! What? You don't like Phantom of the Opera? Well, neither do I but the music is AWESOME!! Andrew Weber is an incredible composer!

The Pookie said...

I'm in more of the Largo al factorum mood :):):) :O

bb

Jay Anderson said...

I LOVE the song 'Think of me' from 'Phantom of the opera'!!!

Anonymous said...

Josh G's voice is pretty good (not as good as Josh Turner's though!!!), I just don't particularly care for the style of music in which he chooses to show off his voice in.

Anonymous said...

Yep! You knew that already though. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so bored!!!!!!!!!
I am so bored!!!!!!!!!
I am so bored!!!!!!!!!
I am so bored!!!!!!!!!
I am so bored!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I actually like Dean and Frank. I mean they are by no means my favorites but I like them. You ever watch that old show with Dean and Jerry Lewis?

TC

Anonymous said...

Nope. I've heard of that show with DM and JL but I never saw it. Martin has a really nice voice. Sinatra's is even better. My favorite actually(along with Josh Groban's).

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Marissa, since this is such an interesting random question, I'll just jump in here (how are you, by the way - we haven't talked for a long time...). Anyhow, big band - my grandma taught me the words and how you dance to some of those type of songs. And they sometimes put big band on in the nursing home where I work - very cute. Which would be my attitude on the subject, it's kinda cute. NOT what I'd probably ever listen to for fun or anything, but it's all fun! Oh, yeah and I HATE Denver and the Mile High Orchestra!

Missy said...

Ok, I need to know who this Denver and the Mile High Orchestra is. What do they do that is so revolting?

Anonymous said...

Check out http://www.denvermho.com/dmho_home.cfm and you'll see what we mean... Denver's this dude who plays a trumpet and wears a red suit and has a bad voice...
H&L