So yesterday I was on the phone with my mom while driving home from Hobby Lobby. We were talking about the many things involved with me going to University of Houston: when to go, roommates, scholarships, etc... and the topic came up about a possible audition. I would need to prepare a repertoire. However, the only piano I had to practice on was an upright 15 min away. Now an upright is better than nothing, but to really get prepared for an audition I would need a Grand Piano. The touch is so much different. So mom mentioned stopping by a lutheran church she remembered seeing nearby where I live. Funny thing... I was passing by that church that VERY moment. So I decided to stop by. :) I hung up with mom and told her I'd call her back in a few with the verdict. I walked inside of the building and was pleased to see a nice sized grand in the sanctuary. Then I walked into the "church offices" section and told the receptionist my dilemma and asked if the piano was ever available for me to practice on. She said she would call the music director. Funny thing... as soon as she dialed his number, he walked in! So I told him my story and he took me in to see the piano and we talked schedules. The result was that I could come most any day (mondays were best for both of us) and just see if the room was empty. I can use it anytime its free! Oh, and get this: He said he often gets calls for accompanying jobs that he can't fill because of schedules, so he asked if he could refer people to me. !!!!! I'm gonna start working up my sight reading skills. :)
So needless to say I was very excited to call mom back and tell all! Yay!
Thank you Jesus!
♫Missyroo♫
4 comments:
that is a beautiful Jesus story! He loves to romance your heart and delights in you! I am very so happy for you! enjoy!
So awesome, Missy! I SO agree with Lizzie. I love this post and am so glad you have a piano to practice on!
That's awesome! Don't you just love it when God sends little blessings like that? I'd have to say i think that beats our "great parking spots and the perfect pair of shoes" day the other weekend ;)
haha! But those were great too! The things that make life wonderful are those little blessings like good parking spots. :)
Post a Comment