Thursday, February 4, 2010

Great Weekend and more

So, Jaye came to visit last weekend and we had a blast! We went and saw the San Jose Mission and Mission Concepcion. San Jose was fantastic. We loved it. Oh, and we ran into a guy wearing a Northside Falcons jersy, and it turns out he is on the team that Jaye's dad is coaching back in Conroe!! What a small world! :) On Sunday morning I went with Jaye to visit the church her sister and brother-in-law go to. The music was great. I miss that. Esp. at Breakaway. :( But it was good! I'm glad I got to go. We also watched two movies with Kristen Chenoweth. They were both hilarious. Love Kristen Chenowth. :) All-in-all it was a wonderfully refreshing weekend! I'm so glad she was able to come visit!

Chick-fil-A is going well. I'm getting quite comfortable in the kitchen. I don't have to ask about every little thing I do and I'm getting pretty fast at most everything. Well, fast in comparison to how I've been doing. :) Hahaha.... got my first paycheck the other day. Oh! Great little story... so rent was due a few days ago and I didn't have enough so I had to draw out of my savings. As I was leaving the bank I was talking to God and I said "Hey God, I could sure use a little cusion here with my finances. I have 50 bucks to live off of till my next paycheck. Maybe you could put it on somebodys heart to help support me?" and he was like "Missy, you have money in your savings." I replied, "Yea, God, I know that. But you know how much I hate taking money out of there. Besides I'm saving up for a keyboard and a laptop. Please?" :) I could just hear Him chuckling. haha... I left it at that. So the next day, I was setting up the ladder at work to get something off the top shelf and Mark walks by(hes an older gentleman who, I think? owns the chick fil a?) and hands me a $10 Target gift card and says, "this is for your outstanding work." I was like, "oh! Thank you!" :) I guess that was God's way of saying, hey, I hear you. I love you. I got you covered. :) I love Him. He's just too sweet. :)

OH! More news, I asked Larry and Terry if I could switch to working with Iraqi refugees instead of Burmese because when I come back to Houston next year I will be working primarily with Iraqis. So I've been visitng a new Iraqi family near by. I love them. The father is blind and they have 4 girls and 2 boys. The girls are 23, 20, 14, 4. And the boys are 17 and 2. They are just recently arrived from Jordan (they spent 10 years there after leaving Iraq). When I first met them they had only been in the States 4 days. They speak almost NO english so I'm always having to get a translator. So far its been great. I'm really excited to get to know them and others as the weeks go by. I love new friends!!!

Liz and I are telling the story for this coming house church meeting. Every week somebody else tells a story. We are going chronologically through the gospels(I might have said that already). Basically we are studying Jesus's leadership by looking at it from the disciples perspective. So Liz and I had this great idea of telling our story with one of us telling from Jesus's point of view and the other telling it from the disciples. We are both excited and can't wait to study tonight and practice. And then Tuesday Liz and I are telling another story for XTI class. I love storying!!! We did a bunch in Uganda and I loved it there too.

I guess thats all for now! Thanks so much for your prayers! Stay in touch!

Missyroo
serving_him_7@sbcglobal.net

2 comments:

Katie said...

Missy! Found your blog!! So good to see you today. Have I told you lately I'm so glad you are here in SA. :)

Missy said...

It was great seeing you today too! I look forward to Thursdays now! :)