I made my first trip home two weekends ago and it was a blast! It was so refreshing to see my family and friends again. Yes, we live in a world of communication but there is nothing like seeing a person face to face. And you can't hug over the phone. :) I will be home again March 5-7. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again!
Work is going well. I got a raise a couple weeks ago! Yay! Thank you Jesus for favor! First paycheck with the raise comes Friday! Just in time to pay rent. :) Speaking of rent...
Our lease finishes up April 30th so we are in the process of looking for a new place to live. We want at least a 4 bedroom house. Please be praying for us as we search. A bigger driveway would be wonderful too. Parking is dreadful here. We would, however, like to stay in this general area. It is VERY ideal for our ministry since it is within walking distance of the 3 refugee apartment complexes. Its also 5 min away from Chick-fil-A. :) I will keep you updated on the house hunt...
Still no piano here. I'm having to play guitar and the guitar here has really old strings and the top one does not tune correctly because something on the neck is messed up. JC said I can borrow his old guitar so I will remember to bring it back with me next month. A friend/neighbor of Larry and Terry has a piano and I have played it once. I'm hoping to play it again tomorrow! Also, Billy and Cindy have a keyboard that I get to play whenever we have house church at their house.
I guess thats it for now. Thanks for your prayers!
~MW~
No comments:
Post a Comment