Wednesday, March 3, 2010

University of Houston

Ok, so a little history. Over the last several months(even before I came to SA) I started coming to peace with getting a bachelors degree in music. I had always disregarded the option because...well I don't know. I was scared? Burned out of school? Two more years seemed like forever... :) But finally I started seeing the sense in getting a BA and God actually started getting me really excited about it. Now I REALLY want to get it. I can't wait to spend two full years studying more music. I think I just got burned out with all my non-music classes at Tomball. :) But anyway, I planned to spend a year in SA and then go to UH for a bachelors in Music Theory. However, God may have other plans...

Over the last week and a half doors leading to University of Houston this FALL swung wide open and I felt like I should walk through and see where this leads. Yes, that is all very vague. :) Basically several things happened that resulted in me suddenly getting all my application stuf together and submitting everything in two days. I am audtioning for admission/scholarship(which probabaly won't happen because of various reasons) on Saturday at 1:30. Thankfully my two pieces do NOT have to be memorized. Since I'm using pianos belonging to other people my practice time is limited. I also have to take the Theory placement exam that morning at 10am. Please be praying for me. Pray that God's will be done.

IF... I get accepted and get a green light from God to go... I will be moving to Houston in June. But we will just have to see how things pan out.

UH is not cheap and I will be praying for LOTS of scholarships. :) Please pray with me on that. I know God can do it. I'm not worried about it.

It hit me today at work... I ACTUALLY APPLIED TO A REAL UNIVERSITY!!! I got all giddy. haha... I don't know why that is SO unreal to me. I am so EXTREMELY excited.

So anyway, thats my week. Crazy...

I love it.

A completely amazed and baffled
Missy


2 comments:

Katie said...

praying for you!

Thomas DeL said...

*Crosses arms* Not fair...I just met you, and now you're leaving! Am I that scary?!