"Go therefore and make disciples out of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things tha tI have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My Name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up deadly serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mark 16:15-18
What does this mean for you?
What different roles can this command bring about?
How does the Great Commission take form in your life?
Where is your place in the Great Commission?
Give me some thoughts and ideas... you don't have to answer this personally. General answers are great.
Missyroo
3 comments:
I get to participate in the Kingdom! The blessing I have are meant to bless others. It also kinda reminds me that I need to live like God is with me till the end of the age. I need expect great things from God.
It reminds me of the real command of the Lord. Teach them ALL things I have commanded.....these signs will follow. Somewhere along the line, the Commission got shortened to "get them saved". That's great, but we are to continue to teach them ALL that He commanded. I long to see the Body of Christ embrace the fullness of the Kingdom that Jesus taught. Our lives should look like His, but multiplied many times over. He said we would do "greater works" than He did. Look around, folks! Let's get back to the full story, and seek God so that it happens as He promised!
Focusing more on the "Go therefore and make disciples...", I believe we concentrate too much on listening to sermons and being passive.
I have said this many times: when I was a flight instructor I spent a lot of time with my students. It was mostly one on one, sometimes more students were involved, but it was always interactive discussion. This may sound absurd, but I actually let my students fly the aircraft.
If I copied the model of most churches today I would have never let them touch the controls. Discipleship is unglamorous and hard work. It is walking along side someone.
Preaching from a pulpit has nothing to do with discipleship.
Post a Comment