I just got back from a visit to TMI. I spent about 4 hours with Marissa and Jaron. I also got to see Zach and Peter for a moment. I did get some pictures of them all together. Everyone is doing great.
However, they are ready to get on the field. The Florida heat and humidity combined with mosquitoes is rough.
Here is a letter Jaron gave to me while I was there:
Home, Dad's sitting here next to me. We're in the chapel cuz there's a Big Storm and the Big Top(tent) isn't safe, so um I'm doing good, the team gets along pretty well. So do me and the rest of the guys.
Forrest a guy on my team wrote the other letter(see below) for me. He's funny. Boot camp is getting old, so I'm ready for commissioning. Out team is leaving commissioning night, so I'm really excited.
GTG
Jaron
Dear Jaron's Family,
Jaron is too busy serving jail time to write you letters. Well, he's not really in jail, but.....Well he isn't very good at writing letters....so I'm doing it for him. "I'm doing great!" He said. "I am thankful my loving sister is here to protect me from that kid. The kid is buff, courageous, and has rugged good looks. His name is Forrest Flanagan, and I'm scared of him." These were Jaron's words, not mine. Well, as you can tell, Jaron will do fine and the only bad thing about this trip is that he misses you.............
Miss you lots,
Forrest...
err, I mean Jaron.......
That is all for now. This kid Forrest is a hoot. When you combine Jaron's dry humor and Forrest' wit, they should not have a dull moment.
Blessings,
Jack(Dad)
1 comment:
That is really funny. I will remeber them all in prayer. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment