Monday, July 7, 2008

They're Off. New Letters from Missy

July 7, 2008 20:50

We talked to Missy and Jaron last night. They called about 1:00 am. They were at the Orlando Airport waiting for their flight to Washington DC. As I write this, they are airborne on Ethiopia Airline flight 501 to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with a fuel stop in Rome. They will then have two more flights before they get to there final destination in Zambia sometime Wed.

We have received three letters from Missy and here is the latest. I will get the rest posted tomorrow.

6/26/08
3:46 PM

Hey Yall,

I think I’ve finally settled into bootcamp! The leadership problems have pretty much disappeared and we’ve settled into a nice routine. David has the kids in block-laying right now, so the rest of us are chillin’ in the “leader sanctuary”, which is really the back of the Boot Camp (BC) office - a pavilion, surrounded by tall chain-link fence. No team members allowed in here.
We have our own leader bathrooms too, with toilets that actually flush. :) So anyway, a typical day for me is: wake up at 5:00 am, wait for David to wake the kids up at 5:30, watch the kids run the OC (I’ll run it with on Leader Day), eat breakfast around 6:45, devotions at 7:15 sharp, sit with them in their 1st morning class and then go to a leaders meeting, while monitors watch the kids at 8:45. Nancy and I are usually there till after 11 or so, cause it’s our cooking class. We made tortillas yesterday and English muffins today. We split them between the kids and they loved them.
Lunch is at 12, then we have another leader meeting for 30 min. David directs their music class, then I take them to puppets at 2:15. David and Jeremiah do the next 2 classes after that, so I get to have time off:) Yay! But I really miss being with the kids. They are so much fun!
Yesterday I took a picture of Jaron, Forrest, Damon and Sandeep in the “manly pose”. A TMI photographer came by and snapped one as well so go check the website.
....So anyway be praying for our team to continue to grow and be unified.

...Oh yea tell Brooke re - Sunday discussion - Ps 51:5
....Can’t wait to get to Zambia - away from these mosquitoes!
....Tell Felicia hi for me and don’t forget to feed Ezekiel! Give Prince a hug and Jake & Nenya a treat!... Kiss Sonny and Lone Star for me!

Love Yall and miss yall!

Missy :)

No comments: