They made it to Rome around 4:00 am this morning and are now on their way to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. They will get a hotel tonight and leave tomorrow for Lusaka, Zambia, at about 3:30 am our time. They will spend the night in Lusaka, and then drive to their final destination of Ndola, which is about 200 miles from Lusaka; arriving on Thursday. Please pray for a safe journey to Ndola.
Below is the last bootcamp letter we got from Missy. We shall now wait for updates from the field. I will pass along any info as I get it. Blessings to all. Thanks for your prayers. Dad Watkins.
7/2/08
Hey Fam!
10:30 am
I just washed my hair out of a bucket. Erin and Kim helped me. The water smelled disgusting and so my hair smells terrible now. :) It was kinda fun though.
I was so glad to see dad! I didn’t know he was coming. I’m sure he told you all about the little adventure to the chapel because of the storm. At least there were no mosquitos in the chapel.
Anyway, only one more day of BC! Pack-out should be interesting. They packed 2 duffels for each of us already and we get to add our sleeping bags & pillows to one of them - up to 10 lbs. Then everything else goes in the carry-on. We also have to carry a jacket & 2 sweatshirts on our arm & whatever instruments we may have. Crazy. Crazy. We get ONE duffel to put the team’s food in. We’ll have to buy all other food in Zambia. This is going to be quite the adventure!
4:10 pm
Ah! I’m being eaten alive by mosquitos! It’s terrible! Take away the mosquitos and BC would actually be kinda fun.
I’m waiting for the team to finish their block laying class so we can do the team picture. I’ve made some good friends with several of the other leaders here...............Obviously I’m running out of things to say.:) Everything is starting to come together and run smoothly.
I ran the OC yesterday, but we didn’t do the slough. Today I ran again and I got to do the slough. It was easy, easy. I went over the wall too. I’m sore from running it, but it was super fun.
Well, I’m ready to go to Zambia! Can’t wait to leave. I’ll call yall at the airport! Talk to yall soon.
Love Yall!
Missy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment