Saturday, June 28, 2008

To all who are interested in how Missy is doing in Florida boot camp, here is her latest letter:

Sunday, June 22, 2008

..........The kids are all here! 27 total with 8 boys and 19 girls. Jaron has really hit it off with most of the guys. So far I’m loving the kids! There are a couple of girls who have pretty much no social skills. They’d rather just sit and mope than put out any effort to carry on a conversation. We’ll have to work on that. :)

As far as leaders go, well I’m a little frustrated now because Nancy (head lady leader) and David (head male leader) have different ideas about how this team should be run, so they’re butting heads a little. I don’t think the kids have noticed, but if they don’t accept their differences and “agree to disagree,” it’s going to be a problem. I realize it’s only the first real day, but if y’all could be praying for that, I’d really appreciate it. Nancy keeps complaining to me about the way David runs things. I just tell her she needs to talk with him and get on the same page. I don’t want to take sides here. : ) Jeremiah(asst leader) is great. No problems there (except he’s a Red Sox fan). : ) Anyway be praying for our team.

Zach seems to be having fun with his team. Jaron is great. I am so glad he’s on our team. 19 girls is A LOT! It’s a bit overwhelming trying to get to know them. :) I just love the guys. Yesterday I made 93 tacos (I’ll explain some other time) and 4 of them - Jaron, Sandeep, Caleb, and Damon - had an eating contest. Sandeep ate 15! The other 3 weren’t far behind. :)


They like to call me Miss Missy just because it cracks them up. Everybody else calls me Missy. It’s rained pretty much every day so far. The Lord is keeping me sane! : ) I’m finally used to waking up at 5:30. : ) Well, keep up the emails and/or letters!

1 comment:

The Pookie said...

Thanks you Mr. Watkins! I really appreciate you putting up her letters. Will continue to pray, especially for the relationships!

Brooke