God continues to work here at Bayou Oaks and University of Houston. We in the house are learning what it takes to live and work together with 20 other Christians in one house. Its definitely not always easy because none of us are perfect. However, I see it as a chance to truly love my “family” here. The world will know us by our love and if we can live together and still love each other, glory be to God! Only through His strength is this possible.
We are all settling into our various roles and callings in the house and on campus and we are encouraging each other to step out and be bold. We want to be intentional about talking with our neighbors and classmates. Discipleship (making disciples who make disciples who make disciples etc…) is a big part of our focus. I can definitely say that living in this house has inspired and empowered us to do things we wouldn’t have done normally. By praying together, encouraging and exhorting one another (even calling each other out when the need arises) we are learning how to be an effective body of Christ. We are truly LIVING as the church. WHAT AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY!!! I get so excited just talking about it. It’s such an amazing experience and I am so blessed to be a part of it!
Thanks for your prayers!
~MJW~
No comments:
Post a Comment