Resentful.
Love does not keep record of wrongs.
Love does not think evil.
A few translations for the aspect of Love I will be working on this month. Please pray for my friend and I as we continue on this journey of love. Pray that God will bring lots of opportunities to get rid of past hurts and grudges as well as chances to NOT allow resent or evil to enter the holds of our minds.
Oh yesterday I had an epiphany of sorts on the way I view learning to love. It was brought on by an inconvenient event that led to a negative reaction on my part. So here's the story...
I get in my car to leave for work and I realize I'm late cause I somehow thought that I had to leave at 2 when I really needed to leave at 1:30. My mind... was elsewhere. Goodness.
Anyway, as a result, I am suddenly in a hurry and then to make matter worse, in my haste I take a wrong turn. Needless to say I'm already beyond frustrated and aggitated... THEN a very confused(or maybe stupid is a better word) driver suddenly stops in the middle of the road with NO TURN SIGNAL and sits there for several seconds before actually deciding to turn! I erupted with a very aggravated "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" For real people?!!!!
Immediately I realized my error and I remembered that "Love is not easily angered." I sobered a little.. however, I began to argue with myself, pointing out that this person did not hear my outburst. They were not missing out on any love. They were not negatively affected by my explosion. So how did "love" or "not loving" fit into this situation?
Then God opened my eyes to a different perspective. He has called us to be like Him. Who is God?
God is LOVE.
If I am to be like God...
I must be LOVE.
I must BE love.
Even when no one is around. Even when no ones sees. Even when no one hears.
I must be love.
I had never thought of it that way. That changed the way I view this challenge of learning to love. I'm not just learning HOW to love, I'm learning to BE love.
Kinda cool :)
Joyfully,
Missy
1 comment:
well said, my friend :) happy to be on this journey with you! ;)
Post a Comment