Thursday, January 14, 2010

On January 4th I finished packing(with the invaluable help of my family and friend Jerica) and headed to San Antonio. I have joined the cross-cultural training program headed by Larry and Terry Singletary -- Xtreme Teams International (XTI). Though I have already made a lengthy list of items that failed to get here I have settled in nicely into the XTI dorm. My roommates are wonderful and I look forward to some excited as well as educational adventures with them. I'm sharing a room with Hannah and though we have differing tastes in music(mainly regarding country) I think we will do well as roommates. :-) It will be a learning experience for both of us. Just to give yall an idea of what I'll be doing here... XTI's goal is to prepare individuals to follow God's calling. They have commited to assisting me in "reaching my peak potential in preperation for cross-cultural ministry" whether it be in the States or overseas. They have a class on Tuesday nights and house church on Sundays. Each trainee also has a one hour coaching/mentoring time with Larry and Terry each week. We will be building relationships with a certain people group here in San Antonio. We will focus on that people group and document what we learn so others can follow easily. I have been informed that Hannah and I will be working with Myanmar(Burmese) refugees. Larry will be introducing us to a family soon. I'm excited! As of now I know that there are both Buddhist and Muslem Burmse refuees here so I will be learning about both religons. I was hired at a Chick-fil-a just 5 minutes from our house this week. Thank you Jesus for providing it quickly and thank you for connections! A dear friends older sister who lives 10 minutes away manages the Chick-fil-a and hooked me up. :)Work starts this Monday at 6:30am! (oh my... so early...)Please pray for me as I: -endeavor to build relationships with the Myanmar people-start a new job-learn to live on my own-make new friendships-learn more of my Father's heartThank you all for your prayers! Love ~Missy~


Donations Accepted
Part of the XTI training is for me to build a support base of monthly supporters that walk beside me with prayer and financial aid, so that at the end of my training I may be able to at once dive into my calling, wherever that may be, with no financial hindrance. This money could also go to future missions trips. If you feel led to help me in this endeavor you can mail checks to:

Larry&Terry Singletary
6113 Sun Dial
San Antonio, TX 78238


My "agent number" is 221 so please notate on all forms of donation.
Thank you!

Contact Me:
Marissa Watkins
4119 Copano Bay
San Antonio, TX 78229
serving_him_7@sbcglobal.ne
t281-702-2355




XTI
Larry&Terry Singletary
xtremeteamsinternational@yahoo.com
6113 Sun Dial
San Antonio, TX 78238
(210)454-6466Mission Statement:Our mission, with the Holy Spirit as our recruiter, is to train through mentoring those He calls and connect them to their stategic role in completing the Great Commission.

No comments: