Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Baseball

Ok, Spring Training is just around the corner and I've been thinking about this coming season for the Astros. Now, you may be thinking, "When does she NOT think about the Astros?!" Well, really and truly, they do NOT consume my every thought and I'm not as obsessed with them as you might think. I just let you think I am . :):) Anyway, here's a question (bound to have differing opinions) for anyone out there who knows a little about the Astros...

How should they arrange their outfield this season? They've got Scott, Lee, Burke, Lane, Hidalgo, and Brunlett availible, as well as some minor leaguers such as Pence and Jimmerson. Lee has obviously solidified his spot as a starter but the other two positions are more or less in question... or at least not %100 settled. So, give me your opinions...

~MW~

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...

I had read on the Astros official site (before we signed Hidalgo) that the CF position would alternate between Burke and Jimerson. But now they signed Hidalgo. I want to see Lee in left, Burke in Center, and Scott in right, with Burke coming in to play 2nd as often as possible and Hidalgo or Jimerson replacing him. But I think what we will see is some of last years mixing and matching. So Lee will always be in Left, but Garner will probobly mix Burke and Jimerson in center, and Hidalgo and Scott in Right depending on whether he wants a right or left handed batter.

TC

Anonymous said...

Man, I don't know who any of those guys are except for Burk and Lain.

The Pookie said...

You need to go home and rethink your life ;)

Anonymous said...

I AM home. I've thought over my life. I like it. :)

~MW~

Anonymous said...

You know that I know nothing about baseball so I cannot really leave an intelligent sounding comment...: ) I like your new pictures!

Anonymous said...

I like the effects you put on the pic of the horses, where the outside is blurry, that's pretty neat.

Anonymous said...

i'm right there with "hannah n." even though i have no idea who you are! i like how you have links to everyones blogs!

Anonymous said...

Santiago? Who are you?

Anonymous said...

That was weird. You're not Santiago Sanchez are you?

boyfromdedza said...

it's me santiago yall don't remember!!! did yall name your band redefined! it's SOOO much better then then those corny names like "the sisters and there brotheres" or whatever it was i mean that says dumb band all over it! but redefined says pretty good music!

boyfromdedza said...

AAHHHH!!!! i blew it i posted as my username instead of santiago!!!! NOOOOOO!!!

Anonymous said...

I kinda thought it was you. What is it with y'all and using weird names? Jaron has that weird Jagdeswader or whatever... Ben is using Scrabnet or something. Very strange...

Anonymous said...

Is it so hard to just type your real name so we know who the heck is saying what. Where the heck did Santiago come from?!?! Ok, from now on people must use either their real name or a widely known and commonly accepted nickname when posting comments.

Anonymous said...

yes, please.

Anonymous said...

Cool pics.

TC

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that pic of Berkman? He had just tripped over nothing on the way to 3rd and he had to crawl the rest of the way. hahaha.. I wish I had seen it. My friend told me about it.

Anonymous said...

O'l Tub-of-Blub Berkman?

Anonymous said...

What IS it with you and calling baseball players names?

Anonymous said...

Missy: I saw that happen!!! that is what that was. that was really funny. He had a Lance Gaskins moment (ha they have the same first name)

John: Tub-of-Blub... you mean like he is a little soft around the mid section right?

TC

Anonymous said...

Yea, He's a Lance alright! :):):) Whatever happened to Gaskins? Did he tryout?

Anonymous said...

Nevermind... Jc just told me about Gaskins.

Anonymous said...

Trey: Big-belly Berkman is more than just a little "soft," he's downright tempur-pedic cushy in that monstrosity of a mid-section. I think my grandmother could get to base faster than he does!

Anonymous said...

yea whatever!!!!!! yo grandmother!!

Jagdgeschwader

Anonymous said...

John: Do you get some sort of pleasure out of calling names?

Anonymous said...

Only overrated baseball players who make to much money.

Missy said...

You jealous or something?

:)

Anonymous said...

Of their talent, no. Of their rediculous incomes, yes. I'm just not a big fan of people who get paid millions of dollars every year to take some stick and hit a stupid white ball.I'm all for playing baseball for the fun of it, but that's just rediculous.

Anonymous said...

I know, it seriously is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay Roger Clemens 22K much less 22mill. oh well...

Anonymous said...

Oh yea PETER. Its [Re]defined not the other way. I thought Rookies was corny too (thats why we changed). Cya,

JC

Anonymous said...

I agree, rookies just sounds like the name of a band that isn't that great, unlike ya'll, of course.

Anonymous said...

yea after all we are the best and we need an awesome name that doesn't make us look like a bunch of little buggers who can't play music worth apples and rotten tomatoes. Thats why we are [Re]defined!

boyfromdedza said...

oh sorry. yeah the rookies is like lamo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you don't have to say like

Anonymous said...

I am sick of atheletes getting paid so much money period. Basketball and football guys are just as overpaid as Baseball. And to end one incorrect rumor about baseball players atheletic ability. One name (you probobly havent heard of him because his team stinks) Carl Crawford. Picture this 6'2" 210 Lbs of pure muscle. The guy could run the pants off of any football or basketball player. he runs a 4.30 40 yard dash. Yea that is right 4.30 seconds. That is faster than Mike Vick, Reggie Bush, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron James. And if that isn't enough right there he also benches 400+ lbs. How many other pro sport atheletes from the major sports can do even one of those (much less both)???? He recieved requests to play in the NBA, NFL, and MLB. he just chose the MLB. So for anyone who thinks the baseballers are still the Babe Ruth types. think again.

TC