A thought I thought this summer:
"This world is alot more like Lord of the Rings than I thought."
This is regarding the spiritual realm around us. I always thought of the spiritual realm as above or below us. Not around and with us. This summer I was awakened to the reality that spirits, angels, demons, etc... are alot more involved and active around us than I ever thought. I also realized that spiritual warfare has alot more effect on our daily lives then I ever would have imagined. This new understanding has created a new urgency inside of me. There is a battle going on around us and we have to fight. I finally understand the term "prayer warrior." The verses in Eph 6 are very real to me now and I realized the importance of putting on the armor of God.
I still have alot of questions though. I just read This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by Frant Peretti and now I'm reading the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. They have provked even more questions. :)
Anybody have any thoughts/experiences/verses you want to share concerning Spiritual warfare?
Joyfully!
~MW~
1 comment:
I Peter 5:8-11
This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness made me think as well.
Post a Comment