Ok, a couple of thoughts...
I was reading in my Perspectives book today and I came across this cool statement...
"The fruit of an apple tree is not really apples, but more apple trees." I think it was Steven Hawthorne that wrote it.
I thought that was interesting. I never really thought of it that way. Then I got to thinking, you know that verse in Mattew 7(verse 20) where Jesus says "by their fruit you will know them," Could it be that he was talking about what kind of disciples you produce? Not necessarily what kind of deeds you do, but rather how you change people. True Christians will be out there "making disciples of all nations" not just doing nice things. They will produce more Christians not just kind thoughts. I never thought about it that way before...
The other thought... is not really a thought but a verse. A verse that just gets me excited. I know you have all probably read it many times before but thats what I love about the Word of God, it NEVER gets old!!!
Habakkuk 1:5- Look to the nations, watch and be utterly amazed for I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told.
Doesn't that just make you feel all giddy? :) I'm ready to see it. But I don't want to just see it, I want to be a part of it!!!
Grace and Peace to you!!!!
~MJW~
3 comments:
love the verse!!
Wow!!!!!! What a cool thought Missy! (Hey look I figured it out! Big deal... wasn't really that hard. lol) Yeah, that really makes sense about the whole apple tree thing and how we'll know true Christians by their fruit... aka are they producing more Christians? :)
Oh and that verse... GAVE ME THE SHIVERS!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to see and be a part of this unspeakable greatness God's got planned! Thanks for the reminder!
~Kels
Yeah, when I read that for our lesson I just had to read it over again I just was so in awe of the power behind those words. I have a ton of stuff I underlined from the last two lessons, they were so good!
-Doki
Post a Comment